I have to say that I am easily amused and highly entertained by those that think they know me, what I think about, who I am, and how I spend my time when I'm not in their presence. So I'm going to divulge the secret life I lead.
My divorce is about to be finished and contrary to the belief of some, I am so not looking for a new relationship of the romantic persuasion. I have spent the last 12 years with the same man, and the majority of those years have not been the happiest years for me. So my being involved with someone is the furthest thing from my mind right now.
Like every newly divorced person, right now I'm saying I won't marry again. But I really do believe that I won't be legally tied to another person again via the route of marriage. I know I will more than likely commit to someone else, but I'm very, very leery about having the legal bind there again.
For the first time in my life I am dependent on no one to make sure things are taken care of. Little by little I'm finding that I am taking care of things on my own. So I'm happy being single right now. I have some good friends that would be there if I needed them, and I have family that, (even though I would have to drive for hours or fly to them), loves me and would be there for me as well.
Most of the time I'm at home with one or both of my children, I am either watching a movie, TV or playing on the computer when I'm not picking up after the hurricanes known as my children. I go out about once or twice a month with my gay boyfriend. Overall my days are spent either at work or at home. Nothing too exciting, no major drama other than ex-spouse; I lead a very quiet life actually.
I'm on semi friendly terms with my future ex husband, but that's mainly because of our children. I have my children and my animals. I would like someone in my life, but I'm a package deal, and my children will come before any man.
I am slowly finding the calm within and I try to focus on that most of the time. I try not to burden others with what's going on in my life that's drama filled.
So basically, I'm single, I'm happy, I'm not looking for anyone but I'm open to the idea. I feel truly blessed for everything and everyone in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment